Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
20" Sanyo DS19230 compelety dead    

hall36034

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: 20" Sanyo DS19230 compelety dead Reply with quote

Sanyo 20" TV
Model DS19230
Chassis 19230-01

I accidenty shorted the fuse out to the ground and now It's completely dead, I replace the fuse and still it will not power up.
Thanks for your help and advise
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is the line fuse, have you checked to see if you still have AC coming out of the house recepticle?? Maybe you popped a house breaker.

Jesse
hall36034

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have AC coming out of the house recepticle and 120v is on the fuse,
maybe something else in the set?
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you shorted the line fuse to ground, you need to look at the foil side of the chassis and inspect for any blown foils. I looked on the sanyo website and they do not list your model but they do list a DS19330. I would also check the bridge rectifiers and the surge resistor (large white resistor) for damage.

Hope this helps

Jesse
hall36034

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at the foil side of the chassis and inspected for any blown foils,and I found blown foil at D023 and CO23
I check the bridge rectifiers and the surge resistor (large white resistor) for damage, and they are ok..

Jesse, You were right about the blown foil,,
what can I do about the blown foil,, thanks hall36034
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Install a Jumper wire or obtain a fiberglass brush here http://www.mcmelectronics.com and use the word "fiberglass" in the search engine. (first line Item)
If you obtain the fiberglass brush, clean the coating from the trace on both sides of the break and install a soldered in jumperwire of the appropriate size (dependant on the foil size).

Hope this helps.

Jesse
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com