Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
36" sony trinitron kv36 xbr 250 tilt problem    

Knightowls

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: 36" sony trinitron kv36 xbr 250 tilt problem Reply with quote

I have a sony trinitron tilt problem. My tv picture tilts to the left. Here are the things ive tried to do.

#1 . I went into menu and adjusted my tilt all the way to + 5 (max) which helped but its still not centered evenly. If it had an option go up higher to like (+7 or +8) it would have been perfect.

#2. I tried turning off and unplugging TV.

#3. I turn off tv... putt a book under one side tv and turn tv on. . The picture was center but my TV is on a book, "come on i dont wanna do that! lol...." I moved the book to other side and indeed it made my tilt look even worse... So i know the screen and pictured are attached with each other so the tube cant be loose...

please let me know if i can use some codes to crank up my tilting abilities? Let me know what i can do, (im pretty handy) only if i knew steps to take... thanks ahead of time.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you'll have to open up the TV and rotate the yoke on the neck of the CRT.
Knightowls

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do i need to unplug my tv for like 4 hours or something to get the current out? Or the process im going through wont require me to make contact with metal, just screw driver? thanks for reply :)
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you'll want to discharge the CRT.
Knightowls

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the site.... looking at the site pictures, can you tell me where the "rotate the yoke on the neck of the CRT" is??

Also shouldn't 4 hours be enough to discharge a TV? I just want to know if that's a true or false fact as ive read people talking about that... thanks.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not all TVs discharge on their own. You are taking the chance that the discharging circuits are working. you might get lucky. but its way easy to just discharge it yourself.

you just loosen the screws holding on the yoke (the thing with the copper coils around it) and rotate it until your picture is straight.
Knightowls

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for your help. I got the tilt fixed, God bless you for your help! 8)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com