Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
42 inch Plasma tv help: fuse on Z-sustain board blown why?    

shelby5041

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:53 am    Post subject: 42 inch Plasma tv help: fuse on Z-sustain board blown why? Reply with quote

i appreciate if anyone can provide me with some information......

i have a 42 inch plasma tv made by Akai

the problem is that the tv powers on fine but has no picture or onscreen menu....the sound works fine and so do all the inputs ...after looking at all fuses i found the VS 4a 250volt fuse blown (right near the power input cable to the board) on the Z-sustain board of a plasma tv .....what can cause this? most common reason?....and note: when i replaced the fuse the new fuse will not blow and the tv has the exact same symptoms no picture but does have sound and no error lights on front...and if i unplug the power cable to the z board totally the tv still does the exact same thing no picture but does have sound and no error lights

i have no problem buying a couple boards to fix this..so which boards would be most common problem if you had to make a best guess....knowing what i have described is happening

note all the caps on all boards look good no bulging...

thank you
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Wendell1980

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you will most likely need to replace the Z-sustain board
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com