Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
62" Sony blinking projectors    

josephm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: 62" Sony blinking projectors Reply with quote

my sony 62" projection tv has a problem where my red and blue tubes blink onand off. When i try adjusting the focus it speeds up the blinking or if i go to far it shuts both colors off completely. If anyone knows what i can do please let me know. Thank you.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is possible you have a weak crt.

Do this.

Positively identify which controls are focus and which are G2 (screen) controls. They are all on a molded black unit located in the front around the CRT's

Do not adjust the focus controls to correct this problem.

With the set on, go to an unused Video input. (your screen should almost be black under these conditions).
Adjust the Red, Green and Blue up and down a little so that the screen/color you are adjusting just disappears.

If the blinking continues, you will have a bad crt. You did not post a model so this is the only advice I can give.

Hope this helps

Jesse
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com