Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
access advanced color menu Toshiba CX35D80    

jaegerdog

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:35 am    Post subject: access advanced color menu Toshiba CX35D80 Reply with quote

My Toshiba 35" TV has too much red in the picture. I would like to know how to access the advanced color menu. The model is CX35D80.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before you do anything you may regret later do this.

Find a station that is broadcasting Black and White. If you have cable, the History channel broadcasts old Black and White WWII video on a regular basis.
If your Black and White is truly Black and White, I mean, there is not a profound tinting of the picture and the picture is a scale of grey, then going into the service menu and adjusting the "colors" will make you picture much worse, not better.

All color on a color TV is based on the sets ability to reproduce a black and white picture. If your black and white picture is good then you should simply turn down the color level to reduce the red. If you turn down the red in the service menu you will, in effect, make peoples faces a color of mixed blue and green.

Hope this helps

Jesse
jaegerdog

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject: Still has pink hue when in black and white Reply with quote

I couldn't find a black and white program at the moment but, when I switched the input to just show static it still a a pink look to it. Adjusting the color through the regular menu didnt help. Any suggestions?
Eric
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.

On the original remote: Press mute on the remote and then press the mute on the remote again and this time hold the button down.
While holding the button down press the menu button ON THE TV SET.
There should be a letter S show up on the screen (I believe it will be on the upper right or left side.)

Press the menu button ON THE TV SET

The menu should appear.

Press the #1 on the remote for the red cutoff.
Press the #2 on the remote for the green cutoff.
Press the #3 on the remote for the blue cutoff.

Adjustment Items = Channel up/down
Data change = Volume up/down
Adj menu on-off = menu button on the tv set.

You are describing a bad picture tube.
Before entering the service menu turn the color all the way down.
A pink picture indicates that the GREEN needs to be turned up. Not the Red down.

Adj so that the picture is grey.

Hope this helps

Jesse
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com