Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Akai PT5492S weak picture/low colors    

slayerextreme

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:38 am    Post subject: Akai PT5492S weak picture/low colors Reply with quote

I was given a 54" Akai model # PT5492S today.......it is an 02 model, it has been in our facility's break room since late 02 or early 03...it has pretty much been on 24/7 for over 5 years.....it powers on and has a clear video and audio

I have used the search function but have found very little about AKAI's here and nothing similar to mine

best description of issues:

it has a dark/faded picture(darker arond the edges)

colors appear "weak/dull"

I found a bulb on ebay for 94.00 but was hoping for some opinions before I invested any money in this tv
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some facts you need to know before you start spending money.

This is a CRT based Projection TV.
It does not have "Bulbs"
It does have 3 CRT's. (Picture Tubes) (Red, Green and Blue)
If the Symptom is as you describe, you should first clean the years of dirt off of the CRT Lenses and mirror. If it has never been cleaned your brightness will go up 15~20 %

If the machine has been on as you describe, you will have to replace all three picture tubes and do a major convergence to correct a worn out picture tube symptom if the cleaning does not bring the set to a usable state.

Hope this helps

Jesse
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com