Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
B&O Beovision 8802 (chassis 7130) - vertical    

bikermack

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject: B&O Beovision 8802 (chassis 7130) - vertical Reply with quote

So, as mentioned in the title it's an unusual one. I've just rescued a c.1983 Bang & Olufsen Beovision 8802, if anyone even knows what that is since I gather it's a rather rare set. Being in the region of UK 600 when new, I can see why too as it's rather top-end...

Anyway, just wondering if anyone could help with where I might find a schematic for it?

At the moment it powers on but has a problem with vert. stability (it doesn't roll so much as it jumps/flicks about, when it stays put the raster looks clean and square) and there's no sound either.

There's evidence the HOT has been changed in the past and the solder joints look OK, also on the Horiz. board there's a combined resistor and PTC thermistor that has also been changed previously. Other than this I haven't noticed other repair work although I haven't got deep in there yet.

Cheers all, on the (far, far) off chance anyone knows anything about these sets.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HERE
bikermack

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You, sir, are a bona-fide star! Thank you very much indeed. Will have a look through that now & see what I can do.

I did have a little poke around last night, the power switch is crocked from the damp & had to be bypassed for now & the volume/bass etc pots in the module below that are crusty so might be reason for the sound being dead. Not a huge amount of dirt inside though and the neck of the tube suggests either low hours or replacement tube as it's like new in there visually at least. Off to chase down the vert issue and sound I go. Thanks again, really wasn't expecting to see any reply to this let alone so quickly!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2018 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com