Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
B&O Beovision 8802 (chassis 7130) - no sound...   Goto page Previous  1, 2  

bikermack

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you again for taking the time to reply. No, I wasn't attempting the reflow with the set powered up or plugged in although I have thought it'd make for a bit more excitement in ones day Smile

Didn't get an oscilloscope from Santa's Claws so I may remove and test the HOT as it'd have to come out if I replace it anyway plus it'd be easier to inspect the PCB around it (B&O PCBs appear prone to pad/track breakage if my experience with the audio IF and the look of previous repairs/mods is anything to go by).

The missus is going out tonight so I might have a look shortly as well as some other recap work on another Game Gear.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

bikermack

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's fixed and I'm an idiot. Just got a moment to look and I hadn't pushed the HV lead in fully before tightening the gland nut, sorted that and it's working again.

Pays to check the simple stuff first, and reinforces the fact that if something stops working after being worked on it's usually something that you did wrong that caused it. Thanks again for the advice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2018 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com