Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Curtis LCDVD326A.... No picture    

fommy100

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject: Curtis LCDVD326A.... No picture Reply with quote

Curtis LCDVD326A 32" blinks 7 times.

the tv blinks 7 times... when you turn the tv on after it gets to 5 blinks the back lights turn on but no picture. then it blinks 2 more times, for a total of 7 blinks.

I know its a power board issue but I am having no look in finding a service manual to trouble shoot this TV.

Ive already replaced the low power side caps and mofets. still blinking 7 times.

Power board # FSP205-4E03
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your logic is a little flawed.

Without a service manual the error codes are irrelevant unless someone on this forum knows what they mean.

Now to the flawed logic.

If the backlights come on your power supply is up because:

1: You can turn the set on. (if the power supply was bad you could not do this.
2: Your back lights come on. (if the power supply was bad this would not happen.)

Since this is a LCD I would check, after the back lights come on, to see if the menu works. If it does not I would check the LVDS cable for proper seating. If this was good I would use an O'scope and check for activity on the LVDS cable. If there is activity you most likely have a bad T-con or panel. If there is no activity you most likely have a bad digital pcb. (sometimes the digital and main pcb are one and the same.

Hope this helps.

Jesse
fommy100

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

Hello

I reseated the lvds cable still no picture or menu.

The reason I was focusing on the power suppy was becaue I have a built in combo dvd player on the side of the tv with no power.

I have 3 pwr conectors one going to the inverter, and two going to the main PCB.... B.ZRA51C.

the t con board is a mdk336v-8n.

I dont have o scope at my disposal. any other tips on trouble shooting, before i start swictching out the main pcb and the T con board.

Thanks for the help.
fommy100

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Fixed Reply with quote

Replaced main PCB. Now working.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com