Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Dark screen on an old Panasonic PV-2023-PD    

redcobra87

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Dark screen on an old Panasonic PV-2023-PD Reply with quote

I have an older Panasonic that I just got to game on. Its a Panasonic model PV-2023-PD, the issue that Im having is that the screen is very dark. I have tried to find some sort of buttons that may be placed on the t.v. as where you can adjust the color or screen settings, and haven't found anything of the nature. So is there a way that I can repair this t.v. myself?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inside the set there is a flyback transformer (follow the thick red wire from bell of picture tube). On this flyback there will be two controls, focus(f) and screen(s). If you want to be able to put the control back to very close to exact spot you started, take a marker and mark its position. With set on observe screen of CRT and SLOWLY rotate control clockwise. Picture should become brighter. If control is turned too high or too fast the TV may shut down or retrace lines will appear on the screen. Correct point is just a little below point where retrace first became visible. Smile
redcobra87

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx bro that saved my life... i took the backing off and your description was to the tee wow.. thanx alot
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com