Joined: 14 May 2010
|Posted: Fri May 14, 2010 2:48 pm Post subject: Emerson LCD model LC320EM82 S
Symptoms of my LC320EM82 S are as follows:
1) A strong spark occurs when I plug the power cord into the socket.
2) The green light blinks several times before going into stand bye mode.
3) The blinking repeats after pressing the manual power button on TV.
4) At all times the screen of the TV remains dark (black).
5) Strong spark occurs when plugging cn601 from sec. power board into
cn501 Backlight Inverter board.
I have found at least one Transformer to be defect, secondary was open. I replaced this bad one. all other Transformers had a secondary value of about 518 0hm. I am not sure as how to measure the primary on the Transformers.
I did read a value of about 00.4 ohm after soldering them out.
Despite changing the bad Transformer I achieved no result. I have the same problems as mentioned in my symptoms. At this stage I do not know if the Inverter board BA71f0f01042 or the sec. power supply board
BA71f0f0124-1 is defective or even both. I have almost re-soldered all components of both boards to knockout cold soldering.
I would be grateful if someone could give me some tips before I buy unnecessary parts.
Thank you kindly