Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Firmware update LG 26LX1D TV Guide On Screen (TVGOS)    

stevekerr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Firmware update LG 26LX1D TV Guide On Screen (TVGOS) Reply with quote

I have an LG 26LX1D.

My TVGOS stopped working after the digital switchover. I tried rescanning channels and resetting the zip code to 00000 then back to my zip. No dice. I then saw a forum post about firmware. As I understand it, the firmware has to be later (higher) than version 8 rev 65. I was able to run the diagnostic code on my TVGOS that told me I have version 8 rev 29.

So I think I need the firmware updated. I have no idea where to get that or how to do it though. Anyone here that can walk me through it? Or is my TVGOS dead forever?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firmware is not your problem.

You must have your set set in antenna mode - not cable mode - to recieve digital terrestial signals. If you have your set in cable mode and are trying to use an external antenna you will not get anything.

Jesse
stevekerr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TVGOS definitely knows it's hooked up to antenna and not cable.

I can vouch for that because I've been through the setup a couple times after it stopped working and that's one of the setup verifications.

Also, it was working before the switchover on antenna only (we don't have cable).

-Steve
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please contact to 800-243-0000.

found that here:
http://us.lgservice.com/vchip_html/V-chip_upgrade_for_your_set.html

Last edited by kuhurdler on Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
stevekerr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: converter required Reply with quote

Thanks, KUHurdler

I called LG and it turns out I need to buy a converter box to allow the TVGOS to work. $55

http://www.ezdigitaltv.com/Artec_T3APR-T_TVG.html
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com