Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Gateway Tv with vertical lines    

gcowett

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Gateway Tv with vertical lines Reply with quote

I have a Gateway tv I purchased from Gateway 5 years ago.
It is a 42" plasma. Everthing works but In the Last week I started getting
six vertical lines over the picture.
Anyone ever had this? Can this be fixed?
Thank you for your time.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

sushiq

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Gateway TV with vertical lines-Solution Reply with quote

There is a fix.

---------------------
Inside the screen at the bottom there is a driver board that goes behind the input board. This board has connectors on the bottom of it that go to the ribbon cables from the bottom of the screen. Half way along the ribbon cable there is a metal plate and on the back of this plate there are some surface mount components solderd onto the ribbon cables.

In total there are 6 of these cables. It appears each one controls a portion of the screen where it connects to the plasma screen. So I looked at the one just to the left of the middle. Where the components were soldered in one of the surface mount resistors had developed a dry joint. So with some carefull soldering I re-did all theresistors and capacitors (there are 4 of each per ribbon). Now the fault is no longer there. No need for a new screen or repair man + parts.

-----------------------

it worked for our 42" Gateway Plasma.

We have a different problem now. The picture on our TV looks like it's in 3-D. Does this mean our TV is dead since it's a plasma or is there a fix ?
gcowett

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

With your help I have now fixed my tv.
Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com