Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
GE D52GW12 Rear CRT Popping Noise    

_Aaron

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:23 am    Post subject: GE D52GW12 Rear CRT Popping Noise Reply with quote

Customer called to schedule a service call for their GE D52GW12
complaining of a popping noise after the set has been on for 5-10
minuets.

I have only had two other GE rear projection sets in my shop before
and neither were for this problem.

Anyone have hints on this set before I head out?

Thanks in advance.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

_John

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron, Popping as In HV ? Thats a itc222 chassis.
I would think Leakage in the second anode on one of the Crt's. Check and make sure the ground stap has not slipped and may be close to the
Anode cup. Also could be the HV block may be breaking down account of a pin whole. Also the
Cups on the crt could or may need to be Resiliconed.
Good luck Hate those ITC222's
_Ming

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please, go to tritronicsinc.com to buy HV putty at only 2.80 for one bottle 5oz.
It is very good thing, It will prevent arcing, with only a very thin layer applied on the arcing area. This area must clean up before applying.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com