Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
hisense aspect ratio question    

corvairbob

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:53 pm    Post subject: hisense aspect ratio question Reply with quote

i have the 48h5 hisense tv and for some reason i have noticed the aspect ratio is way off. when i watch a program a lot of the picture is out of the frame. i noticed this when watching the network called quest on 2 different tv. one in the kitchen a visio and one in the living room. the hisense is in the living room and i notice the network log they put along the lower right corner all i see is the work quest the a space. in the tv in the kitchen i see quest space and then the q and then more space on the screen. i took pictures if i can figure out how to get them here.

i changed the aspect ratio and the screen does change but everything is relative the the aspect ratio. so in normal aspect i get black bars along the sides of the screen.

has anyone found a repair for this or am i stuck? i believe i need to change the over scan but do not see it in the menu so there must be a back menu i can go into so i can change this over scan. thanks[/url]
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes the Cable/Satellite box has their own adjustment controls.

To narrow down further you could swap the boxes or the TVs and see if symptom stays or moves.
corvairbob

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

say that could be it. i have the hisense on cable 10 channels and the kitchen on antenna ota channels. they are both the same channel. so what i will do is connect the hisense to ota antenna ans then see if the picture size is the same.

i found a back page but that page did not have an overscan in it, so if there are no more back pages then i'm done but i got to believe there are pages that allow the mfg. to set up the screen size. thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2018 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com