Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Hitachi 42edt4a X-Sustain Buffer Board Plasma    

My STD

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:52 am    Post subject: Hitachi 42edt4a X-Sustain Buffer Board Plasma Reply with quote

I have a Hitachi 42edt4a that develops a 1'' to 1/2'' black bar down the middle of the screen after about 1 hour of operation. The bar happens quicker in a setting where the TV is exposed to more heat, and less ventilation. As opposed to replacing the X-sustain buffer board (P/N: NA18106-5008) completely, is there any way I can demount the heat sinks, replace the thermal grease, and mount a cooling fan into the existing circuitry to fix this problem. I guess what I'm asking is, is this a bad buffer board, or the effect of a board getting too hot and shorting out temporarily? Come on super-scientists, make my day :)
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do not have a defective X-sustain.

If you have a black bar that is multiple pixels in width from top to bottom of set you will have a defective A-bus left or A-bus right depending on where the bar is located. If the bar is left of center as viewed from the front it will be a bad A-bus right (as viewed from the rear).

Hope this helps

Jesse
My STD

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, thanks.

I've dug around looking for that component, and once I've found one, will I need to do any type of calibration to the TV?

Also, how much will this repair cost me in terms of parts, and how easy is it. Again, I really appreciate your help Jesse.
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The A-Bus boards are normally part of the panel. That being said you should first make sure the ribbon cables are properly secured between the logic and the A-bus and the A-bus and the panel. It is also possible for the panel to do this. If you wish to try replacing the A-bus (appropriate for the side in question) you can find the part number on a white sticker on the board itself - it will be something like (6871QRH037B or something similar)
Also, Look at your model number, I think you will find you missed a digit.

Jesse
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com