Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Hitachi 53FDX01B No sound    

Saintsfan09

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:57 am    Post subject: Hitachi 53FDX01B No sound Reply with quote

My Hitachi 53FDX01B has no sound. I can hear a faint pop from the speakers when I turn the speakers on and off from the menu. I can also hear the pop sound when I press input to switch functions. Any help would be appreciated.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did set HAVE sound before this posting? None from "tuner" either?
Did you "find" set (or have set given to you)? I'm trying to determine if its your set and that you know how to work the set's features/functions.
Saintsfan09

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have had this TV for several years. Moved it to the Bedroom without receiver or cable box and now no sound. I turned the speakers on from the menu and no sound. It works with an external component fine but I don't have nor want to buy one for my bedroom. Just want to get the internal speakers working.
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

make sure SAP is off.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I presume you've ramped the Volume control through its range? (Obvious, I know, but have to be sure.)
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Saintsfan09

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done that, several times. Thanks for any help you can give me. I'll check back daily.
Saintsfan09

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New development! I was using a small TV for sound and watching the Hitachi last night in bed, I know its pathetic but it worked. I fell asleep with the tv on. When I woke up this morning the sound was working fine on the Hitachi. But, then I changed the channel and all of a sudden the sound was gone. The tv was on for about 6 hours before I woke up and noticed the sound working. What the heck is causing that? I'm going to leave it on with the volume up so my wife will hear it if it comes on all of a sudden today. that way I can also get an idea of how long it took to come on. thanks again if anyone has a solution.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com