Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Hitachi 53SDX20B - ANYONE WILLING TO HELP???   Goto page 1, 2  Next  

jdice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Hitachi 53SDX20B - ANYONE WILLING TO HELP??? Reply with quote

Hitachi big screen model # 53SDX20B V3B002190...about 5 years old. i'd like to fix myself. I can't remember if it is plasma or projection. I am sure it is not one of the newer hi-def or lcd tvs. but if someone could tell me where to look to find this information...I will look. I think I have a manual somewhere...I will loook for that too.

I just paid $5 to fixyourown_tv.com for support to talk to someone. Well, it has been 4 days and guess what? no support after 4 emails from me and I went to the trouble of loading pictures in the emails and everything. fixyourown_tv.com boast about how they help you to diagnose your problem, have manuals, offer support, and offer parts for sale. But don't believe them...I haven't heard a word from them. Not mad...just disappointed.

So now here I am again...trying to upload more pictures for help.The hitachi is big screen tv...approximately 50 inches big. It started with a doublevision red hue in the left corner of the picture frame. And then it worked its way down the left half of the screen and now has moved to part of right part of screen. The best way I can describe it is it looks like double vision with a reddish hue. In the left top corner it looks like a line curved down also. I will post four pictures for anyone to look at them.

If anyone can tell me what is wrong. Maybe a part maybe. Where to buy from. And in what part of the tv it might be located? I'd even be will to buy a manual? Whoever responds is sure to get my business as far as buying parts, books, tech support (to walk me through it)...etc. My grandfather passed away recently. He used to fix all our tvs as he owned his own his own tv repair shop.

I have priced tvs...it just does not seem feasible to buy another tv...not at these prices.

But then I asked a friend how much it cost her to fix her tv...she said $1300 just to repair it and it broke a year later again any way.

I am not necessarily good at repairing tv...never tried. but I am wiz at computers. So I hope I can do this myself.

Janet
Here are the pics:

Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to the RiddledTV forums... where help is offered free of charge.

Your TV has failed convergence chips. If you're able to solder, you can change them yourself. I'd be happy to walk you through it if your interested.
jdice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OKay...never soldered before...but tell me what type of solder gun I need. My husband might have one and where to get the chip. Yes...I'd like a walk through when I have everything needed. I've briefly watched someone else solder before.
jdice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes my husband says he has a solder wand. Just talked to him.
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd get a 25 or 40 watt pencil type soldering iron.
Then you need a solder sucker or some desoldering wick to remove the old solder from the chips.
some new solder
and of course the chips your going to replace
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

jdice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay...where do I get the chips...manufacturer?....do I need to look at the manual to find the kind of chips I need?
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is one place.

you'll need 2 of those.
jdice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I will order them Tuesday. I get paid on monday. So then I will check back with you on the forum for advice after they are shipped. And let me know how much you would like for walking us through it. Thanks.
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, let me know when you get them.

All help here is free. We make a very very small amount through ad revenue, but we mostly do this because we like to help people. You're welcome to 'leave a tip' if you really want to. There is a link at the top of every forum page (Leave RTV a Tip)
jdice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: We finally got all we needed to change the parts... Reply with quote

HI....sorry it took me so long....it took us a couple weeks to come up with money for new soldier iron...parts and such. We were not sure our old soldier gun would get hot enough. Not sure if you are there....it 5:00 PM here in Indianapolis...Saturday.

We found this...blog that will help us through most the steps...just want to make sure you are there if we get stuck.

http://cmpalmer.blogspot(dot)com/2006/11/fixing-my-own-tv-part-ii.html

the adjustment on the last step consfuses me...our tv does not look exactly the same as the pictures in this blog...but close enough...I think we can sort it out.

Any way we are starting now...to label all the cables connected the board.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com