Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Hitachi 53SDX20B PURPLE AND GREEN!   Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Irish

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Hitachi 53SDX20B PURPLE AND GREEN! Reply with quote

Hitachi 53SDX20B UltraVision SDX 53" Projection TV

Was watching tv when the screen went into a double image with purple and green hues. It has a thin cresent at the very top of screen. I took off back cover and all 3 guns are working. I cleaned all with lens cloth.

I would love to try to repair this myself..I am proficient with a solder pin.

I can take pics and uploaded if needed.

Thanks in advance for any help provided.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Convergence failure. Replace your chips
Irish

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx! Hey can you help me locate these chips. I know from google searches to look for a large heat sink and that they will be stamped STK xxx-xxx. Would it be possible for me to upload some pics and have someone verify that these are the convergence IC's?
Irish

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes that is the right chips.

You also should check those green colored resistors to make sure they have not increased in value (they probably haven't)
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Irish

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx..ordered chips last night. taking more pics and removing board tonight.
Irish

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok ran into a snag..in the second pic, to the left of the convergence ic's and a little right of center is a black "box" with three large red wires with rubber boots and one small red wire with a rubber boot..what are these? do they disconnect from this box? I was able to get the smallest red wire off by pulling gently and underneath the rubber boot was a shiny silver bullet terminal but not sure about the 3 large ones. Are these bullet terminals also? Should I just pull a little harder or leave it on? I would really like to remove these, as they are the only thing holding this board into my tv now..and really would like to solder these ic's in on a workbench..not in my living room. Thx!
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's the flyback transformer (high voltage)

You can take those large wires out, but I would highly recommend leaving them in and working on the board with them still attached.

Just turn the bottom of the board toward you (90 degrees) so you can access all the solder joints. leave all the wires attached if you can avoid it.
Irish

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx kuhurdler..will leave them attached.
Irish

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so its been awhile since i last posted..but i wanted to come back and say THANK YOU ! the fix was successful and my tv works perfectly now. For everything needed this fix cost me 32 dollars. Thanks for the help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com