Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
hitachi 53sdx89ba    

jh22

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject: hitachi 53sdx89ba Reply with quote

I bought a 1999 52" hitachi tv for forty dollars. When we hooked it up to cable everything has a green outline. When we push the magic focus button all the lines are straight except the green. It bends at the top and the bottom. I called a repair company and they said it would cost 300 to 700 dollars. I don't know anything about tv's, but I'm willing to learn and try to repair it on my own.
Thanks.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like the typical repair of this era involving replacing the convergence ICs.

$30 in parts. and a fine tip soldering iron
jh22

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: hitachi 53sdx89ba v9k001027 Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I have access to sodering iron. Do you know where I can buy the part I need? Will it come with instructions on how to change it out or can you help me?
Thanks again
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The part you need is "STK392-110"

you can buy them HERE

they are screwed to a heatsink. You simply desolder the old ones, and resolder the new ones. Use some thermal paste between the new chips and the heat sinks, and bolt them back onto the heatsink.

They won't come with directions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com