Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Hitachi Model 61swx12b convergence    

w_a_s_

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Hitachi Model 61swx12b convergence Reply with quote

Hitachi Model # 61swx12b I am told is a very good brand & model anyway problem is the colors will not line up even after using magic focus several times some of the screen is ok but some just will not line up. After reading some of the other form entrys similar to mine I believe its a convergence chip problem. Is this a correct assumption? also sounds like something I can do as I have done some a little soldering before. Thanks for any advise you can shed
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replace convergence ICs, check bias resistors, B-Plus/fuses.
w_a_s_

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply hate to sound ignorate but are ICs the chips ? also where can they be found also where can the bias resistors and B-Plus/fuses be found ? should I check the resistors and fuses with a gage what should they read ?
JTS1957

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look for the largest heat sinks in the TV. Should have ICs that start STKxxx. Resistors are in immediate area around these ICs. Fuses may or may not have or be used - would be in power supply area. Check them with a DVM/continuity tester. Check resistors with DVM while ICs removed. Parts should all be marked. Resistors may have color code.

Do google searches - MUCH info some with pix!
w_a_s_

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok located I do believe the conervengence board large heat sink with two small black boxes that are stamped STK392-110. Cool progress now how to remove ? do try in remove the hole board ? or just a component
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personal preference. Some people remove the board and then work on, some just loosen. Depends on each set, how/where mounted, your skills/tools.

Do a search, even if just this site and you'll find MANY similar threads. Some even have pictures.
w_a_s_

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright even greater progress board out but hardest part now unsolering those ICs and resistors looks be to impossible and solder back without touching each other. You said the resistors are around those ICs ? what color codes are they? And where are the fuses are they glass type or push in ?
JTS1957

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resistors should be in "groups" of 2 or 3 like-value with generally two different values. Generally they are 1 - 2 watts in physical size.

JTS1957 wrote:
Fuses may or may not have or be used - would be in power supply area.

There are many ways to desolder ICs. Probably the simpliest is, (if you can get to them), to cut all leads of both ICs and remove the ICs. Next clean old heat sink compound from heat sinks.
A 25 - 45 watt iron and desoldering braid will be needed, also locking tweezers, forceps, etc. Doing one lead at a time, grab a lead with forcep, heat corresponding joint and lead should pull free. Stay on the joint with the iron for as little time as necessary. Continue until all are removed. Next take the desoldering braid and lay end on a joint, apply iron until you see solder "wick" into braid and remove iron and braid AT THE SAME TIME. Clip off used portion of braid and do the next joint, etc.

When you are happy with results take New IC, Make sure pins are straight and carefully apply a thin coat of fresh heat sink compund and install into board - secure. Make sure each hole has a pin and only 1 pin per hole and then you can solder them being careful to avoid "bridges" between joints.

There's no law against taking a junk item from the curb or your junk bin and practicing unsoldering/soldering BEFORE doing the convergence ICs in the TV.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com