Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Hotel TV network question    

MindSpring

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: Hotel TV network question Reply with quote

Hi there

I'm writing this from the back office of the very first 5 star hotel in Dushanbe. Where? Tajikistan. Where? Yeah, that's what I said. Anyway it's a country in central Asia north of Afghanistan. The hotel is the Hyatt Regency due to open on March 1st. My question here relates to connecting the hotel room TV's to the hotels cable network. My friend the engineering manager is a busy guy with a gazillion things to do pre-opening so I said I'd try and get some answers for him on this topic since I'm kinda interested in this sort of thing anyway.

First up the panels installed here are Samsung model number LE37A451C1H
Here is a url to this particular make and model:http://www.hoteltv.com.ua/en/products/tv_set/458/529.html

I have connected the TV to the wall aerial socket with I guess a regular coax cable. There's also as a little data cable connected. I can (via disabling hotel mode through the service menu) tune in the local terrestrial channels, but can't seem to find the hotel network which is apparently up and running. Am I missing something obvious here? I can't see where another cable or connection will make a difference or is it a front end problem? I've looked at the other settings in the service menu, but I'm loathe to monkey with something I don't really understand. Anyway, any help or advice would be appreciated and I would just like to point out that this is a genuine question and I'm not some wannabe hacker trying to pull a swift one. Free cable and all that.

Thanks

Tim.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried asking on their forum?
http://forum.hoteltv.com.ua/
MindSpring

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I haven't. Don't speak Russian unfortunately.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is forum of site you refered to in your post.
MindSpring

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it is. Their forums are all in Russian though.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Translation sites.
Bablefish for one.
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am assuming, since there is a small data cable, that these sets work the same as ours as far as hotel sets go. These sets must be setup with a special setup remote, not the remotes that are left in the rooms. you should have recieved at least one of these remotes from samsung.

Hope this helps.

Jesse
MindSpring

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank-you Jesse, that is certainly a helpful bit of advice. Will look into it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com