Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
I have a mitsubishi 73" dlp projection tv model wd 7382    

calee720

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: I have a mitsubishi 73" dlp projection tv model wd 7382 Reply with quote

I have a mitsubishi 73" dlp projection tv model wd 73827 I bought used I think its 5 yrs old. recently it has been displaying what I would call a shimmering effect. this is most pronounced in large displays of the color medium blue such as a picture of a clear sky it also occurs in the color light gray it happens slightly with other colors and scenes but is most noticiable with large fields of medium blue
how can I fix this thanks Lee
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not heard it described this way so I may be wrong. I think the effect you are trying to describe is "solarization". There are only two things, for the most part, that causes this. The other possibility is known as a "pixilated picture".
The first symptom (solarization) correction would be to first remove and reseat the DVI cable between the Chassis and the Optical engine. If removing and reseating the DVI cable does not resolve, it would be the optical engine, part number 938P019010.
The second symptom (pixilation) would be to first check to see if it effects the Menu. If it does, suspect the FMT PCB Part number 934C160001. If the menu is good, suspect the DM PCB part number 934C152007-V30+
As you can see, it is important to properly identify which effect you are having. All of these parts are expensive. As per the following.
938P019010 = $1002.00 + $300.00 Core
934C160001 = $256.15
934C152007-V30+ = $435.00 + $300.00 core

Hope this helps.
Jesse
calee720

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:05 am    Post subject: mitsubishi 73" dlp projection tv model wd 73827 Reply with quote

Thank you Jesse for your prompt reply. Some things I would like to add. I have not been able to rule out my satelite recevier as the source of this problem, because my dvd player (alternate signal source) has stopped working. also this "effect" does not happen when the set is 1st turned on. It starts after about 30 min and then gets progresivly worse over a period of 1 hr. I'm trying to get a photo of the screen but can't find the manual to my camera.
Tamie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you find a solution to your problem? It sounds exactly like the problem I am having now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com