Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
JVC AV-50D501 Big screen wont turn on after it is turned off    

sodakjones

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: JVC AV-50D501 Big screen wont turn on after it is turned off Reply with quote

this unit will turn on just fine and work great for hours. But after you turn it off and leave it plugged in for a short while it will no longer turn on it just clicks then goes back off. if you unplug it for a day or so it will turn back on then.

my background is i have done a lot of work on circuit boards design and building but have never really do any tv repair. some direction on where to start with this would be great.

the picture is great and convergence is perfect.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but I believe your model number is incomplete. There should be a AV or HD etc etc prefix then a dash then the rest of the number.

Jesse
sodakjones

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry about that it is AV-50D501
sodakjones

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did i not provide enough information.
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, However this set is VERY old and I have little information on it. It does not show up on JVC's Website and I do not even have literature on it and I have literature going back forever (grin). I am checking to see if there are board level replacement parts so hold on.

Jesse
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did some checking and the Power/Deflection board part number 930B856002 is still available but the price is high - Retails for $499.00. The Service Literature is also still available part number S/MAV50D/60D costs 36.02.

I also looked in my archive literature to no avail.

At those priced it might be cheaper for you to have a warranty authorized servicer repair the unit. That is unless someone else on this forum has the information you need.

I was curious about the part number as they looked like Mitsubishi and JVC is a arm of Mitsubishi so I plugged the part number into Mitsubishi and came up with NLA on the board and a chassis of VZ8

The following is a Symptom/Cause from the VZ8 chassis. It may or may not apply.

PS-45VZ8
Symptoms: SHUTDOWN
Causes: Cause #1
This model is equipped with a self-diagnosis feature to help with diagnosis of shutdown problems. To activate this turn the unit on let it shutdown then press the input/device and menu buttons on the front panel simultaneously and hold them in for 5 seconds after 5 seconds the power LED on the front panel will blink a two digit sequence. This will be one set of blinks a short pause then another set of blinks, this will repeat 5 times. 1 - 2 = no error detected 2 - 1 = X-ray protect (high voltage or beam current) 2 - 2 = Short protect (short protect monitors low voltage supplies) 2 - 3 = Deflection protect (this could be loss of vertical or horizontal deflection) 2 - 4 = Vertical protect (usually loss of vertical from the source) 1. MAY BE INTERMITTENT, SELF-DIAGNOSIS ERROR 23 OR 24. CHECK SOLDER CONNECTIONS AT CONNECTOR "DY" ON THE YOKES. 2. SHUTDOWN AT POWER WITH SELF-DIAGNOSIS ERROR 23 OR 24. CHECK C411 2200 UFD 35 V AND C412 10 UFD 50 V, BOTH LOCATED ON THE MAIN PCB.

VT-VZ8
Symptoms: SHUTDOWN
Causes: Cause #1
1. MAY BE INTERMITTENT, SELF-DIAGNOSIS ERROR 23 OR 24. CHECK SOLDER CONNECTIONS AT CONNECTOR "DY" ON THE YOKES. 2. SHUTDOWN AT POWER WITH SELF-DIAGNOSIS ERROR 23 OR 24. CHECK C411 2200 UFD 35 V AND C412 10 UFD 50 V, BOTH LOCATED ON THE MAIN PCB.

When you turn it on and it does not come on the unit may be going into shutdown and, without unplugging, enter the selfcheck mode as described above.

Hope this helps

Jesse
sodakjones

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow thanks I will look into this as soon as i can get the set moved in side. it is sub zero outside so that wont work give me a few days an ill post back what i find thanks again this is the most info ive had in a year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com