Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
JVC Model No. AV-65WP74    

sgatlantis83

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:20 am    Post subject: JVC Model No. AV-65WP74 Reply with quote

this TV is about 5 years oldc now and red lines started dipping down from the top. it arches down further in the middle then on the ends. i had a T.V. repair guy come out and tell me what was wrong with it. He wrote on the estimate that it needed a total convergence. I am a ground radio tech in the air force with about 7 years experience. i was hoping to get a better idea of how to do this myself but i dont really even know what a convergence problem is any light you can shed on this will be helpful. thanks for the help.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

convergence is the system that aligns the 3 CRT lenses to form a single images. so the picture includes a combination of the 3 colors overlayed. To form a picture, the 3 colors "converge" on one spot.

The TV has electronics to adjust those, typically called convergence amps. These are high power chips, and they sometimes fry. The parts are cheap, but the labor is expensive.

You can do it yourself easily if you are good at de-soldering and soldering.
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need two of these: STK392-110

and you can order them from Acme-sales.net (see link above on top right)

They're attached to a HUGE heatsink on the circuit board.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com