Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
LG 50PC1DRA no digital reception    

C172

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: LG 50PC1DRA no digital reception Reply with quote

I have LG 50PC1DRA-UA that is not receiving digital signal through the coax cable connected to the wall. It is only receiving analog channels. I connected other TVs in the same outlet/cable and they have no problem receiving both digital and analog signal, so I think it is likely that there is something wrong with the digital board on 50PC1DRA.

When I looked behind the TV, I noticed there is a red LED on the digital board where I can peek through the vent hole in the center of the unit and it appears to be where the digital board is. Is there anyone who owns LG 50PC1DRA or 50PC1DR check to see if your working unit has green LED instead? I just would like to make sure it is the digital board that is causing the problem.

Thanks for your help!
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I order to answer your question you need to be more specific.

Are you expecting to recieve terrestial digital signal or expecting digital signals from something like a cable box.
or are you expecting digital signals from the cable company without their box?

The reason for saying this is that many manufacturers have the default RF input set for cable and you will not recieve any digital channels set this way.

From within the "set channels" menu set for over the air signal (from an antenna on your roof) and autoscan for channels. Your menu is most likely going to show it set for cable and this is why no digital channels.

Jesse
C172

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response.

I have comcast digital cable service and expecting to receive unencrypted digital channels by connecting the TV directly to the wall outlet with coax cable.

I searched through manual to see if the TV requires the user to switch the input signal between analog and digital (or selecting different tuner), but there is no mention of it. I also checked the setup menu and there is no such option either.

I also connected the coax cable to both "Antenna" and "Cable" connectors, then searched the channels, but it only picked up analog channels.

I hooked up Toshiba, Sharp, and Mitsubishi TVs to the same cable and they can receive digintal signals without problem. Does LG TV require something special setting to recognize the digital signal?

Thanks!
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now you went and done it!! Laughing

You made me actually look it up. Cool

There is a firmware upgrade specifically for this problem.

However, I do not believe it is available to the consumer online.

I would suggest you find a Authorized Servicer in your area and talk to them.

You can also go here: http://www.lge.com/us/support/product/support-product.jsp and do a "live chat" via internet with a LG representative.

Make sure you have the extended service model listed on the back of your set. (It is your regular model number with extensions) and the sets serial number before doing the Live chat.

Hope this helps

Jesse
C172

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much Jesse for looking into it!

I will follow your suggestion and report back with the result.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

C172

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a live chat with LG and according to the agent, there is no firmware to fix the issue for my 50PC1DRA-UA... She thinks there is something wrong with the Digital tuner and gave me a phone number for the authorized service center that is 300 miles away.
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a sentence that was screen captured off of their website.

Field Issue improvement.1) The picture is good but not the audio in Buckeye Cablesystem. 2) DTV No signal when center frequency in air signal is not correct.

It may or may not complete your repair but there IS a firmware upgrade for this set

Use the telephone and call this center, advise them what your were told and that you know different and ask if they can supply firmware.

Jesse
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com