Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
LG 50PC1DRA won't power up    

wmcnally

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: LG 50PC1DRA won't power up Reply with quote

I have an LG 50PC1DRA. 50" plasma TV. Purchased 1/04/07. The power light is red when the TV is off as usual. When I push the power button the indicator turns green as usual but the TV will not turn on no picture, no sound. The light stays green for 4 or 5 seconds then goes to red.

I had a Tech here today who said the "power board" is fried. Minimum $400.00 parts and labor. Is this something I could do myself? Or what is a reasonable price for this repair?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can obtain correct known-good power board, its just a matter of disassembly/assembly & plug and play. Wink
wmcnally

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you JTS1957 (that is an awesome year) for your response. Do you know where/how I can get such a part?

Bill
JTS1957

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try through LG, but I wouldn't hold my breath. There are also places that pull boards from non-working units (shopjimmy to name but one). Be careful to examine their return/DOA board policies. Wink
wmcnally

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll check it out JTS. Thanks again.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com