Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
lines at top of screen    

tompeters

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject: lines at top of screen Reply with quote

rca 27 inch. replaced the la7837 ic, that took care of my problem. now i hav some horizontal lines at the top of the screen,what should i look at next ? i will note i have limited electonic exp. i can use a meter and replace parts. any help on what to look for? thanks
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was "original" problem?

Model / Chassis Number could help.

Check electrolytic capacitors in same general area as IC (usually 100 to 220ufd).
tompeters

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: lines at top of screen Reply with quote

sorry i forgot to list numbers. rca model t25061gy ,chassis km257. origanal problem was vertical squash i think it is called. one line horizontal line in middle of screen. i first tried resoldering, then ordered new part,installed and now have lines at top of screen. thanks for the quick reply.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First its a 25" (Not 27") combo.
Try lytics as I mentioned earlier.
tompeters

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: lines at top of screen Reply with quote

thanks for your help, i will not get to checking these out until tomorrow. see i somehow forget numbers. 25 " i will get back to you when i get these checked out. again thanks . tom
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

tompeters

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: lines at top of screen Reply with quote

finally got a chance to get back to the tv . i was checking around the caps close to the vertical ic and the largest one behind it i chose to try to resolder again as the more closely i looked , the solder joint looked suspect. even tho i had resoldered several joints in that area i may have overlooked this one. i took it out and put it back in . i did not check it first ,but after resoldering it i have no more lines on my screen . thanks for your patience . without your help i would just have a bunch of extra parts in a big black box. my grandaughter is going on 6 and she loves to watch clifford the big red dog on that set .thanks again for your help.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com