Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
magnavox 32mf338b issues    

sushiboy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:44 pm    Post subject: magnavox 32mf338b issues Reply with quote

This TV will only turn on maybe about 1% of the time I try it. Well, it will turn on after the power light blinks about ~10 times and then I just get a screen with a bunch of multicolored vertical lines. Randomly it will turn on and function properly. Anyone have any ideas about this? Also, how do you get into service mode on this TV? None of the codes in the Magnavox Service Code thread works.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, forget about the service mode!! The primary use is for alignments, It will not repair your tv.
Second, Inspect the Power supply for expanded capacitors (pushed up or domed tops)
Third, Remove and reinsert the LVDS cable.

Hope this helps

Jesse
sushiboy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forgive my ignorance, but what is the lvds cable? i already opened the tv up looking for blown caps, but ill take a closer look at the power supply.
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LVDS cable is the interconnect cable between the main signal pcb to the LCD driver pcb. The LCD driver/controller is the fully shielded circuit board at the top of the tv set and mounted directly to the panel. There are usually two release clips that you have to hold in on both edges of the connector to release the connector. The individual wires are in a straight line and the connector is usually long (1.5~2 inches) and skinny.

Hope this helps

Jesse
sushiboy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alrighty. I checked the power supply for blown caps. I didnt see any blown caps anywhere in the TV. Also, reseated the LVDS cables (in the manner described, there were two). Still nothing.

I have discovered that, when I turn the TV on and get the vertical lines, if I just let it sit there with the lines for about 5 mins, then it will kick on and I will be able to use it normally. Its like something has to "warm up" or something.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com