Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
magnavox 42mf230a/37 suggestions?    

kylehorn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:12 am    Post subject: magnavox 42mf230a/37 suggestions? Reply with quote

heres the deal. I would like to repair this set down on the component level if possible. So here goes. I bought this set for dirt cheap off a friend. He said that the set randomly started shutting off and on for about 2 weeks and now it wont turn all the way on. for example; when you plug the set in the red light comes on like standby. the set wont turn on by the button on the tv. The light will only go blue when the remote is used. also. i have checked all the fuses. they're all good. i am just not getting any picture or sound. And i am getting power to the whole tv. i can even hear the really low hum the power supply like its on. but it hums while its off? From what i can gather, the on/off circuit may be the culprit? any suggestions?

ps. I'm very skilled at soldering, and i have a multi-meter.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com