Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Magnavox 42MF231D Plasma - bottom half blacksout intermitant    

TonyC1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: Magnavox 42MF231D Plasma - bottom half blacksout intermitant Reply with quote

If you move tv full picture returns - I opened it up & wiggled all cables - seemed to work for a few weeks - now doing it again - any help would be appreciated. Tech suggested the lower board may be going - lower board?? This advice was from a TV shop who came & looked at it.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is kind of a tough one. Not because of problem but because of the danger of damage the advise can cause. If the entire bottom half of the screen blacks out unplug and reseat the small white connector that connects the long skinny boards on the left edge of the screen while facing the back of the set.

The next step causes me to hesitate to advise because if you mess up you would get to purchase a new set.

It involves unplugging a delicate area of the set and reseating. It would be better to have someone qualified as I would hate to be the cause of a very large mistake/error in judgment.

No offence, but many people are simply not able to do this without causing damage. I will tell you how with the understanding of the risks involved if you are determined to try.

This particular model is not as bad as most, but anytime you mess in this area you must be extremely carefull.

Also. the tv shop may very well correct and only reseating can verify.

We are talking about the lower skinny board and it is called a lower buffer pcb assy. It is responsible for driving the pdp display and is connected using flexible pcb's that are fragil.

If they came an looked at it, did they not reseat?? I am sorry for being so inquisitive but when someone has a tv shop "make a service call" the usual ending is a repaired tv set.

Jesse

Quote:
This advice was from a TV shop who came & looked at it.
TonyC1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Lower y-Drive board Reply with quote

The lower y-drive board was recommended as a cause of this on another posting or corroded connectors on this board - thus I opened it up again & reset all tha large ribbon cables on that board - one was a bit loose & I had to partially remove something to get to it to reseat it. TV seems to be working again - time will tell. If I have to replace that board I think I can get the part but am worried about all those connectors - its not obvious how they open. Where does one learn these things? has to be at least 4 diff connector types holding this board down - yikes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com