Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
magnavox 55" model 55p8288    

jamesd9486

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: magnavox 55" model 55p8288 Reply with quote

I have a magnavox 55" model #55p8288, and I am wondering if the IC convergence boards bad. The TV has blue halos around everything and is bright. When I goto converge under the menu, the red works every way, but the blue does not move at all. If you can help me find out if this is the problem, where I can get a replacement, for how much, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

ivtec

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: jvc Reply with quote

i would say that your conv is bad normally is a couple ic's, i don't know if they are also STK's
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James,

The SSM panel part number is 313503710431 and is available here http://www.andrewselectronics.com and here http://www.mcmelectronics.com as are the STK392-110's if you have good soldering skills.

Be aware, the Blue Halo symptom can be interpreted two ways. This model is known for its fluid contamination problem which produces an OUT of FOCUS halo which is NOT a convergence problem and due to being out of focus you cannot see if it adjusts or not. If the blue is IN FOCUS and the halo is only on one side or the other of the center cross it is a convergence problem which the above information will correct. If you choose to replace the STK's inspect the light blue or gray resistors close to the rear of the circuit board that stand up 1/4 inch for being overheated or burned up as a result of the failed STK's.

Either way, be aware that changing these parts is kind of messy. (lots of torex screws and some are hard to get to, and lots of harness and the SSB pcb mounting is fragile.

Suggestion: If you want to try this, use colored marker pen's to identify connectors on any that you might be worried you will not remember which socket they go to.

Hope this helps.

Jesse
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James,

Sorry,
The SSM panel is the left hand board when facing the back of the set. it is the bottom board with all of the daughter boards plugged into it. It has a large heat sink on the rear right edge that is host to the STK's.

Jesse
jamesd9486

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your suggestions. I have ordered the stk's to see if this fixes the problem. . . they should be in today and if so I will post and let you know how it works. . .
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com