Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
magnavox FP4620-W101 convergence, still need help!   Goto page 1, 2  Next  

webbtrekker3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:04 am    Post subject: magnavox FP4620-W101 convergence, still need help! Reply with quote

I have a rear projection tv that the picture looks distorted. I adjusted the convergence but the red and blue and green lines still look out of place any help? Thanks

Where can I find a service manual?

Last edited by webbtrekker3 on Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

webbtrekker3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

model # FP4620-W101

chasis #PTV705-AH01
webbtrekker3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I notice its seems the red is the one that is out of line. tried convergence still the same. moved the adjustment inside back no change red is still distorted
webbtrekker3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: any ideas! Still need help! Reply with quote

Does anyone know what steps I should take to find the trouble. thanks for any help on this.
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you could supply a picture of this problem with a crosshatch displayed it would be a help. This model has a known fault effecting the red convergence only.
does the red move when adjusting the center cross??

Jesse
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

webbtrekker3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try an upload a picture, I can move the red cross onto the white but the white cross looks a bit twisted and the red won't fit in perfectly. hope this helps.
webbtrekker3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/img]
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have more than convergence issues on this set my friend.

If the red convergence is moving when attempt to adjust, you have moved the color out of range. That is what is causing the large dip. You might call up the service menu and read and recall the data in the EEPROM (Electrically Erasable Read Only Memory) to at least get to a starting point.

To correct your convergence problem you will need a template. I am unsure if templets are still available for this model without looking it up.
The convergence procedure is long and very time consuming.

If the problem showed up in a instant. good ~ bad in an instant. You would need to replace the convergence board as it is a complex circuit and replacing at the board level is most desirable on this model. To trouble shoot at the component level you would need an O'scope and know how to use it with original service literature.

NOTE: Your second problem:::: You need to check to see if the optics have a large coating of dust or dirt. If they are clean and your picture still has the veil effect look directly into the green and blue CRT's while the set is on and you will find contaminated fluid. (it will look like puke. spider webs, and milk compared to when looking into the red crt (picture tube.)

Very few people have the ability to correct this and I would advise contracting with a competent Servicer (If there is a Warranty authorized Servicer for this brand in your area that would be your best bet.)

Estimated cost of repair to like new quality picture by a competent Service should be from $300 ~ $500.00

I hope this helps

Jesse
webbtrekker3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

thanks for your help jesse, I will try and see what I can do . The picture already looked like that when I got it. I was told the red tube was replaced before. thanks
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of the problem is that your blue and green crt's are severely out of focus, not physically or electronically, but as a result of looking through contaminated fluid. (these picture tubes are liquid cooled.)

Because of this it makes it difficult, if not impossible, to adjust the convergence.

Jesse
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com