Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Magnavox Remote sensor 37mf231d 37b    

blondeoverblue

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Magnavox Remote sensor 37mf231d 37b Reply with quote

I have a MAGNAVOX 37mf231d 37b. The remote controls (both the universal used with Directv and the unit that came with the TV) have stopped controlling the TV, unless I unplug the TV and plug it back in between uses. If left on the remote will control the TV indefinitely--at least 4 days. But, if turned off for even 5 seconds the remote will no longer function for power, volume or changing channel. It resets when it's unplugged and then will work again. It's not in warranty as I've had it for about 20 months. Any input on how or what I might do to repair this would be appreciated. I've read the user manual, and done searches online and found nothing to help except that it indicates it's the remote sensor, and if definitely isn't because of an obstructed signal, I've tried it from 6 inches in front of the TV "eye".
thanks,
Chris
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest you go here: http://www.support.magnavox.com/html/index_us_en.html

and download the current firmware and install.

Sometimes the firmware can become corrupted with interesting results. Installing the latest firmware may very likely correct your problem.

Hope this helps

Jesse
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com