Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
magnavox TS2572 C204    

allmine1414

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject: magnavox TS2572 C204 Reply with quote

Horizontal Lines happen intermittenly but i have good sound ....it happens most when either i change channels or when i turn on set... any ideas?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it happen on External Inputs too? (Assuming your set has any)
allmine1414

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it still does....it happens when i turn it on and once it warms up(5-10mins) then it goes in and out...the pic will go back out with lines almost like it wants to reconnect but cant...then after a few mins , the pic will come back for awhile before it goes to lines again.....the sound is still good
JTS1957

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like your set has a bad solder joint (or other bad connection).
If lines only happened while on "stations," and NOT on external input(s), I'd suspect a joint or joints inside the tuner.
But since you reply that it occurs with BOTH Tuner AND External inputs, it could be a joint anywhere in the set. I'd start with power supply area, then Vertical, Scan-derived supplies and even check CRT board joints.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com