Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Mitsubishi CK-35304 focus bad    

stevewatr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Mitsubishi CK-35304 focus bad Reply with quote

TV was on one day, and I heard a snap (arc), and the picture went slightly out of focus. I found that one of the two focus controls on the flyback has no effect on the picture. This focus control appears to work in conjunction with a circuit located on the power supply board labeled on the board as "DBF". I assume this is some sort of dynamic focus circuit. Has anybody ran into this issue before? Flyback, or CRT are two of the guesses I was told by other techs, but I still feel it is a discrete component in this DBF circuit. Thanks.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

curt wolfe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you heard a pop I would think of the crt, thanks my thought.
stevewatr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: pop heard Reply with quote

I was thinking (hoping) the arc was just a static discharge, it was a definite snap sound. Maybe some "space junk" between the CRT electrodes, or just excessive dust around the bell of the tube caused a discharge that then took out a component(s) in the dynamic focus circuit. I wish I could find sombody that could email me a scan of the schematic for just that circuit, then I could test some of the semis, and electrolytics in that circuit. Maybe I could get lucky.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if this applies to your case or not:

Mitsubishi Ck 35304, Focus Problem. ? Flyback ?
Repairworld _ Television (CRT, LCD, Plasma, etc.) Repair Forum _ Mitsubishi Ck 35304
Posted by: dnelson6 May 24 2006, 10:31 AM

This one has two focus adjusts, but the left one which seems to control vertical focus has no effect, and removing the lead from the CRT board does not change the image, but there is voltage on the lead. Picture and sound are normal otherwise, so I assume a breakdown in the Focus Resistor. Sound reasonable? Could the CRT cause this?

Does anyone have the part number for this flyback? The label on the fly is unreadable and I don't think there is a sams for this unit. (circa 1994)

Thanks for any replies,

don

Posted by: sscia645 May 24 2006, 08:04 PM

THE PART# 334P214010...AND OF COURSE IS NLA FROM MITS.

GOOD LUCK WITH AN ALTERNATE SOURCE....................................
Posted by: 25494271 May 24 2006, 08:11 PM

contac crc in pomona, ca may have one. but also check inside the crt socket
Posted by: dnelson6 May 30 2006, 09:46 AM

sscia645,May 24 2006, 08:04 PM wrote:
THE PART# 334P214010...AND OF COURSE IS NLA FROM MITS.

GOOD LUCK WITH AN ALTERNATE SOURCE....................................

Thank You, Sal. I found one on EBAY. I will try it.

don

Posted by: dnelson6 May 30 2006, 09:47 AM

25494271,May 24 2006, 08:11 PM wrote:
contac crc in pomona, ca may have one. but also check inside the crt socket

Thanks, Mark. Should I pop that socket off and look underneath? Everything looks good from above and no sound/smell of arcing.

don

Posted by: 25490338 May 31 2006, 04:37 PM

alex the tv man has 3 334p21401 in stock $65 each

732 661 1773
Posted by: dnelson6 Jun 1 2006, 01:26 PM

Thanks, Alex, I'll get back to you.

don

Posted by: dnelson6 Jul 7 2006, 11:12 AM

Alex's Flyback did fix this problem

Thanks, all,

don
stevewatr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: flyback Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to check some of the components in the DBF circuit, and if I do not find anything there, I might just try replacing the flyback........just wish it were not such an expensive guess. Remeber the good old days when the focus divider network was external to the flyback?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You meant after the "Tripler."
Also - pay attention to the ages of the posts in the earlier R/W thread.
stevewatr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: tripler Reply with quote

Oh yeah, how could I forget the tripler! Better yet, how about the RCA console that had it's flyback inside a big metal box, and the rectifier tubes anode connection plugged right into the top of the fly as the tube was suspebded upside down from the tube socket in the boxes cover.........Now that's old school..........one of the first sets I ever worked on, and I remember it well, but then again, they say you never forget your first time (lol). As for the age of the posts.........Do you think Alex still has those 3 flybacks <gr>. I did find Suburban has an aftermarket fly listed for that part number.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com