Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Mitsubishi VS-50607 Short picture   Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Inkedivxx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: Mitsubishi VS-50607 Short picture Reply with quote

I am working on a Mistubishi VS-50607 Rear projection set. I have a short picture at the top of the screen. I replaced the 100uf/50v caps in the convergence circuit along with the 100uf/50v cap in the vertical circuit.....It does not seem as if the IC's are bad......this set uses the STK392-110 convergence IC's I am not able to read the vertical output ID, does anyone have a manual or some ideas for me????? Shocked
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have a short picture at the top of the screen

Please define words in bold!

Compressed, black bar, streatched, folded over etc etc..

Jesse
Inkedivxx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black bar with convergence lines on the very top of the picture
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any time the vertical height shrinks it will cause missconvergence. I would suggest first replacing the vertical chip IC451 - LA7845

Hope this helps

Jesse
Inkedivxx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the IC #............. Very Happy Laughing
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Inkedivxx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went back out on the TV and I changed every cap in the vertical circuit, the top is still short. Will the vertical output cause a short top? If the vertical output goes, usually there is no vertical......I am stumped, I guess I will replace the output.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you missed a lytic. Maybe in Vert. out power supply?
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you are fighting this set. This set uses a light box. I would suggest you pull the box and set up in shop with overhead adjustable screen, mark top and bottom of sweep on screen and that will give you a reference for sweep improvement.

It's a lot better than frustrating your customer and making umpteen trips to the home.

I use a simple piece of marlite attached to a frame that can be raised and lowered independantly front and rear. You can adjust for perfect focus and convergence. no mirror is needed. PS: I have 36" roll-arounds and 9 foot ceilings so it may not be a suitable solution for you.

Jesse
Inkedivxx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, The TV is finally in the shop. I have replaced C464, C451, C402, C411, and C523 (the 35v supply). Now, this thing does not want to turn on. Yes, the polarity is right on all of the caps, and the caps are the exact value called for. I guess I will change the vert out now. Unless there are any other ideas. Crying or Very sad Shocked
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you pull the light box or the complete unit.

Did the set operate in the shop prior to your replacing the caps?

If it attempts to turn on and goes into shutdown you could now have complete vertical collapse.

Jesse
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com