Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Mitsubishi wt46805 v16 chassis..convergence wont move at all    

shelby5041

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Mitsubishi wt46805 v16 chassis..convergence wont move at all Reply with quote

i have this projection tv and the convergence is all messed up and the screen is bowed severely top and bottom....all conv resistors checked ok all pico fuses checked ok i then replaced the stk-392-040 with new ones and the exact same problem exists no difference......i then noticed that the convergence ics stay cold when having the tv on for any length of time..???

the convergence does not move at all in normal conv mode and even in service mode..nothing is able to move at all in any direction

can anyone help me..i do have pictures if needed........there is a board called conv gene board that i have seen references to but not sure what it does or if it would have anything to do with my issue......

thank you
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The convergence chips are on the signal pcb and the B+ needed to run them are on the main pcb. Check fuses F9A22 and F9A24 on the main pcb.

Jesse
shelby5041

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: thank you i will try Reply with quote

i did check the picos on the same board the convergence ics were...so you are saying that i should actaully be checking picocs on the otehr baord ...main board?
shelby5041

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: ok Reply with quote

ok i found one of those picos fa923 to be bad i repalced it and still conv ics not working at all

any more help???
shelby5041

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: ok Reply with quote

ok i have repalced f9a23 3 times and every time the pico fuse blows once i turn the tv on,,,,,,,,,,,can anyone assist me in why this fuse keeps blowing....apparently it supplies power to the stks convergence chips

i would appreciate any help
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remove the board with the convergence chips. Inspect your soldering (no offence as the pins are small and close together) you have done with a magnifying glass. You most likely have a solder bridge on one of the chips.

That being said, Did you replace both chips or just one?

Jesse
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com