Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
My sony KV-35S66 TV    

rfcable69

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: My sony KV-35S66 TV Reply with quote

I am trying to repair my 3 Sony model # KV-35S66 tv's. The standby light is blinking and I have sound but no picture. Just a black screen. I am told I have a bad ground on the power board but am not sure where to look for the bad ground that needs to be soldered. Can someone please send me in the right direction. I am sure this is something I can fix I just need a little direction on where to look for the bad ground. I have one TV that has no sound also. It is funny how they all have the same type of problem and went out one by one over the last year. Please Help!!!!! Any help would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks,
rfcable69 :)
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a whole lot more to a TV than that. For instance, (forget about the ground) Do you have High voltage??, You can check this by checking the 200 volt supply on the crt pcb. (this B+ is sweep generated). If you have High voltage turn down the G2 slightly to release the IK line. (Thats pronounced I, K line) If it is a IK problem you most likely have a crt problem. (bad picture tube). Bad picture tubes can cause no picture with sound present and was prevalant on this and many other models.

Hope this helps

Jesse
rfcable69

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jesse,
I will give that a try. I will also look for the manufacturers trouble codes to see what the codes are saying the problem could be. I have some electronics background but not in TV repair. I thought it might be worth a try to repair it myself but thing have gotten a little more complicated since the last TV I worked on a few decades ago. I was checking on the web and ran accross someone with the same problem and the suggestion was to check the ground on ic 7805, and 7809. They said this was a common problem with this model. I realize I gave a vague discription of the problem and I will get more info so I don't waist anyones time. Thank you so much for responding.

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Robert
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com