Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
NEC JC-1531VMA Monitor - Power on but no picture    

VictorVictor5

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject: NEC JC-1531VMA Monitor - Power on but no picture Reply with quote

Greetings all,

Little backstory to this CRT monitor. Last known working around 1998-1999/2000, and has not been in active use since then. Recently had security cameras installed for my house, and realized that this monitor hasn't been used in ages, so hey, let me put it to use! She's old but she'll hold!

Went to hook it up to video output, turned it on, and nothing outside of the power LED lighting up (I believe this is called "no raster"). So, just in case, I hooked it up to a computer to see if there was some other issue - nothing. Still dark.

I had a chance to take the cover off today and noticed that, when the power is on, there is no light emitting from the filament.

In the process of ordering a Fluke and I do have a soldering station.

Outside of that, I did find the service manual.

https://elektrotanya.com/nec_jc-1531_4fge_sm.pdf/download.html

Any ideas on where to begin?

Thanks!
VV5
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Page 71 of the manual.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2018 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com