Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Olevia 537-B12 Picture, sound intermittent after power surge    

desperatehouswife

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Olevia 537-B12 Picture, sound intermittent after power surge Reply with quote

After a power outage, our Olevia 37" (537-B12) LCD now has the picture and sound go out randomly. It appears that the power is still on even though the picture and sound go. If the tv is unplugged over night, we can get about 2 hours use out of it. If the tv is warm, we might get 20 minutes if we are lucky.

I had the back of the tv off a few times and saw no bad capacitors or any burn marks or seeping at all, everything is clean and looks new.

I have read alot about power boards, inverters boards, firmware but I am just lost and our family just cannot afford another tv. Can you point me in the right direction please.

Thank you so much
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

desperatehouswife

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, my 537-B12 has the picture and sound go out after 15 to 30 minutes of use when the tv is warmed up, but after leaving the unit unplugged for 24 hours, I got 10 hours use before the picture and sound went out.

Can someone tell me what is going on?

I did order a power board for only $90 just in case that is the problem. From reading other threads, it seems that if you sound stays on while the picture goes out, it is more than likely the inverter board.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com