Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Olevia 542-B11 LCD - No Pict No sound - only blue powerlight   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  

TonyC1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: no power supply Reply with quote

I don't have a power supply - just multimeter, capacitance meter, soldering iron. I have gotten good help from this website & gotten lucky with a couple of my tvs - just hoping to keep the streak going.

The on/off button board cable joins up with the other control buttons board - a cable then runs out of that small board to the main board - see blue connector in pict.

If I jump acrosss the power button with my meter when tv is plugged in I should get a reading - Is this ok to try?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTS1957 wrote:
Clean up the solder side of board and retake pix.
1) "J1" I presume, goes on to rest of keypad and then to Control board?
2) CNS1 goes to same control board?
3) External supply to power on the power supply - 5V/18V/12V work or no (or you didn't try this test)?
TonyC1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: new pict of cleaned board Reply with quote

Cleaned up board & new pict as requested

dlillibridge

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:19 am    Post subject: TonyC1 Reply with quote

Did you ever get you tv working? I am having the same issue?
TonyC1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: No TV still not working Reply with quote

But I actually rebuilt all my power supply CAPS & ordered a new one but still no go (obviously its not the PS). Anyone interested in buying them just let me know. $75 each. both for 125
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

hangashore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:49 am    Post subject: Olevia tv same problem Reply with quote

Did anyone figure out what the problem is. I have the same situation.
Easycustoms

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey TonyC1,
Still selling the power supply? Mine just sh*t the bed. I get no blue light at all. When I click the "ON/OFF" switch the blue light just flashes real quick. One day I was messing around with it a bit and the blue light started working again. Sure enough it ended up powering off and never turning on again. Please Get back to me.
-Eric
TonyC1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: PS still for sale Reply with quote

The power supplies are still for sale - let me know how you want me to contact you.

Tony
Easycustoms

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony,
Send me an email. Bostoneric26-yah00
Curt Palme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late to the plate on this one, but this might help someone.

Anyways, I have one of these units with the same problem, blue light is on on the front, but a dead TV otherwise. I've taken troubleshooting a bit further, based on the above pix.

I found that the 5 volt standby voltage was fine, all caps on the power supply checked OK, but no other voltages were present.

ON a hunch, I shorted the 5V standby line to the o/f pin via a jumper, and I then was able to power up the entire power supply. All voltages were bang on, and there are 5 red LEDs on on the main processor board, voltage indicators I'd assume.

So... all that powered up fine, but the set was still dead. The 24 volts was running fine to the backlight board, so my assumption is that one of the large chips on the main board has lifted slightly from the PC board, causing the set to be dead.

This would be a similar problem to the 'RRoD' XBox 360 issue that plagued the Xboxes. The chips get too hot, the solder joints crack under the chip, and it's game over (pun intended).

I'd guess that some of you at least that have bad Olevia sets have a bad motherboard.

If anyone has a unit with a bad power supply, bad LCD panel and wants to dump the motherboard cheap, let me know. Otherwise if I get nothing within a month, I'll part this one out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2018 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com