Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Panasonic CT-27G3W Squealing sound then nothing    

Curious George

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: Panasonic CT-27G3W Squealing sound then nothing Reply with quote

Panasonic CT-27G3W
Chassis# ANEDP303
Completely Dead

Hello, and thanks for such a great website. I was not actually present at the passing of our dearly departed, but here is what I was told. When the TV was turned on there was a high pitched squealing noise but no picture. Then the noise stopped and there was a faint burning smell. The TV was immediately unplugged. I've been told the squealing sound may have happened on one or two other occasions before the set finally gave up the ghost.

Today I opened up the back of the TV and plugged it in. Nothing. No picture, no sound, no burning smell and no glow at the end of the picture tube. Unplugged TV, discharged CRT per your instructions and no expected "zap" sound. I even moved the ground around to be sure, still nothing. The one glass fuse I found tested good for continuity.

I can't tell you how glad I am I found your website. I learned how to discharge a CRT without killing myself! Any advice on this problem--even bad news--would be greatly appreciated. Regards.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start by checking the power supply and regulator. Also the horizontal output transistor. Regulator and transistor may fail together.
Curious George

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, your answer tells me I may have hit the limit of my abilities here. Even if I knew exactly where to test, I wouldn't know what values to look for. If the problem is in one of the parts/circuits you mentioned, is it worth repairing on a ten year old TV?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com