Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Panasonic CT 27SF31S   Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next  

satyrias

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Panasonic CT 27SF31S Reply with quote

I have been using Panasonic CT 27SF31S TV for many years.

Recently, the picture color goes away and see only in light bluish picture. However, when I hit on the back side of the TV, the color comes back.

I think there is some soldering problem with the parts somewhere but I don't know which part is responsible for the color. Would someone help me to identify the part to re solder it?

Thanks
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to tell for sure. I would start with the circuit board on the neck of the CRT though. it may be a broken solder joint, or it could be a trace on the circuit board.
satyrias

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.

I took out the P board and re-soldered a vertical IC. After putting back the board and turned it on, there is no picture at all. Just a click sound.

Any idea what may have happened?

Last edited by satyrias on Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:18 am; edited 1 time in total
satyrias

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I hear only speaker sound but no picture or any lines. However, when I turn it off, I see a horizontal line in the middle that splashes.

Which part do I have to check?
satyrias

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuhurdler:

How do I test the parts? I have the service manual of this model and it gives all the schematics and volts so on.. But I don't know how to test and trace the problem. I don't have any experience with it. I have a multimeter but don't know where to start.

Would you guide me?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I can tell, you still haven't followed my first suggestion.
Now it sounds like you have multiple issues. I think the problem you are having now is a direct result of messing with the solder on the vertical chip. I think you should go back to that and look for a solder splash that is shorting out two joints.
satyrias

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuhurdler:

I did re-solder every solder joint in the CRT circuit board as you suggested. It took me more than an hour. And checked with a convex lens for any cross contact. Then I turned it on but no video as before. So, I moved on to Power board and soldered the Vertical IC to try that. Now I reheated the joints again and checked with a convex lens for any splashes. I don't see any solder splashes between any joints.

Now what should I do?

How do I test the IC?
JTS1957

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post a close-up picture of your solder job on the vertical IC.
Also current symptom.
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You now have three of us telling you to GO BACK TO THE VERTICAL IC acording to your own posts you had total failure only after resoldering the VERTICAL IC.
Quote:
I took out the P board and re-soldered a vertical IC. After putting back the board and turned it on, there is no picture at all. Just a click sound.

Jesse
satyrias

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTS1957:

Now when I turn it on, I don't hear any click sound but I hear a continuous beep sound like "keeeeeeeeeeeeeee" near that same area where the click sound used to be.

Now, no picture or lines or sound from speaker.

Jesse, I re-soldered the vertical IC in the Power board. You can see that 9 pins of the IC

Last edited by satyrias on Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:48 am; edited 4 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com