Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Panasonic CT-36D11E has white single horizontal line   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  

jolax73

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Panasonic CT-36D11E has white single horizontal line Reply with quote

Hello all,

I owned a 36" Panasonic TV and after 6 years, the TV all of a sudden is showing a white single horizontal line in the center. I am trying to fix it myself but could not figure out which part has gone bad. I did some google search and some said it could be the vertical deflection output ic but I am not sure exactly where it is located and what is the part number.

Anyone who had this problem before, please share with me how you were able to resolve the problem. Could it be the flyback also? All your suggestion and input are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jolax73
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

take a look at the front page of Riddledtv. The boards will differ but you should be able to figure it out the same
jolax73

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khurdler,
What if this still does not work. Is the IC the only culprit for this problem? COuld the flyback be an issue too? By the way, which ic should I resolder since there are quite a few in with the heatsinks.

Thanks!
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look at those pictures again. It will look just like your vertical chip. If it doesn't work, you need to replace the vertical IC.
jolax73

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khurdler,

I had resoldered all the ic that are attached to the heatsink, there are quite a number of them. But when I turned on the TV, it still does not work. I think I need to replace the vertical IC but I am not sure which one it is exactly. Can you tell me how does the vertical IC look like? Is there a way to test it also with the multimeter?

can you tell me how to test an IC with the multimeter? How many pins does the vertical IC has?

I am a newbee here....Thanks!
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the chip your looking for should look just like this one with the giant red arrow pointed at it.

I read this forum regularly, you don't need to keep sending PMs.
jolax73

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that the only IC I need to replace? Where do you suggest I could get the IC? Is there anything else may be faulty just in case after I had replaced it and it still not working?

BTW, do you know if there is a way to test it with multimeter if that IC is faulty?
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd just replace it. its only $5 from mcmelectronics
also check and replace the electrolytic capacitors mounted next to it.
jolax73

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does the electrolytic capacitor look like? Can you show me in that picture you sent earlier? Just to have an idea which one it is. Thanks!
jolax73

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also I was reading on how to handle a capacitor, should I be worried about having an electric shock on removing this electrolytic capacitor? Do I need to discharge it first before removing it? Any input?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com