Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Panasonic pt50lc14 green screen    

rickwhoo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Panasonic pt50lc14 green screen Reply with quote

In the lower left corner of the screen it turned green. Is there a way to fix this? It is just tinted and you can see it clearly on blue backgrounds.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have not seen this symptom too much on panasonic but have seen it a great deal on sony. Usually if you have a purity problem (evenly dispersed primary colors all over the screen) it turns out to be a light engine. (Expensive)
Make sure the problem exists using all of the different inputs. If it effects only one input it may not be the engine. If it effects all of the inputs the engine is the prime suspect.

Are you ready for the price of the light engine???

LSXA0572-HB = $1,980.26

Sorry

Jesse
rickwhoo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It all started when a tv repairman replaced the ballast for the bulb. He took the tv apart with an electric screwdriver. Could that be an issue with the magnetic motor in the driver?
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely not:
These are not Electromagnetic systems, They are an optical system. The Ballast provides the Potential to fire the Mercury Vapor Lamp. Once the lamp is lit the bright white light goes through several optical filters. (pieces of glass that pass only part of the spectrum) for example, one filter passes both red and green but reflects blue. There are filters for Red, Blue and Green that is reflected and passed through a Red, Blue and Green LCD Crystal. The resulting light is recombined and passed through a single optical lense. bounced off of a mirror and onto your screen. If there is discoloration, there are only a few possibilities. Overtemped filter that discolors the filter, dirt on one of the filters, dirt on one of the the LCD crystals or dirt on the optical lense. The Light engine is assembled in a "clean room" and for the most part is not servicable. The only possibility you can check would be dirt on the optical lense which can be accessed by removing the screen or upper cabinet. This last option is usually not the case as dust usually collects evenly on the optical lense and does not cause a white balance problem. I have seen a few instances where there are what I call Dust Bunny's that causes irregular blobs to appear on the screen that are diffused and vary in size from a dime to a golf ball in size.

Hope this helps

Jesse
rickwhoo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the ballast issue the bottom left corner of the screen had about 10 %green tint to it. Several months later the green tint is now covering half the screen, left lower corner. You mostly see it with blue or white backgrounds. It is on all video connections.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this is a progressive problem and can only be corrected with a new light engine.

Jesse
rickwhoo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for helping. I guess I need to get another tv. Do you like the Samsung 52 inch LCD with 120 hz
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsung makes good tv's, I prefer direct view tv's. That means it is not a projection tv at all. Either LCD or Plasma is good. Please note that LCD Direct Views (shaped like a plasma) uses a backlight. It is a diffused high frequency cold cathode type. Have not had many problems with this other than mostly inverters. Plasma is a heavier tv but in does not have a backlight as it generates its own light. Do not listen to all of the naysayers about plasma. The notion of recharging a plasma is just salesman bull. There is no such thing, period.

Hope this helps

Jesse
rickwhoo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the projection unit apart and found the lense that the light shines thru to the blue lcd screen has a burn covering 80% of it. I cant find someone to sell me this part. I can e-mail a picture of this part to someone to help if possible.
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To my knowledge the parts are only available to the companys that rebuilt these units like PTS and the manufacturers. To properly repair these engines it requires a "clean room" so if you have one of these you might contact the manufacturers and go into business (smile)

Jesse
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com