Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Panasonic TX-20LA80F LCD tv Overscan   Goto page 1, 2  Next  

ReiKo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Panasonic TX-20LA80F LCD tv Overscan Reply with quote

Hello,

I have Panasonic TX-20LA80F LCD TV

and I would like to somehow enable it's overscan.

I did manage to access service menu for my TV but I am not sure what option do I need to configure to enable overscan on my TV.

Can anyone help me?

I have Service menu 1 and Service menu 2, these are the options:

Service Menu 1:

SUBCONTRAST: 43
DVC0: It flickers from -63 to 63
SUBBRIGHTNESS: -5

I did try to get to "Service 2" but I can't. For first time I did done it by going trough whole "Service 1" menu and then pressing hold button but now it' dosen't work.

Any help?

Thanks.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, but you are going to have to be more specific.

First, Do you have specific symptoms.
Second, this Model does not come up within Panasonic and is an overseas model.
Third, Overscan does not compute on a LCD direct view television. There is no such thing other than preset zoom and different aspect ratio's.
Overscan is a term that applied to the analog CRT based televisions.

Hope this helps

Jesse
ReiKo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Jesse, thanks on replay:

1. My specific symptoms are that some of older gaming consoles like NES got "cut off" by left site (horizontal line) and I was told I should try to turn on or off overscan on my LCD. So naturally, I would really like to try this.

2. Hm, I'm not sure - I'm from Europe, Croatia and I did buy this model here.

3. OK.

Can you atleast help me with advice how to get to "Service Menu 2" for this TV in proper way? Or tell me how to and where to look up overscan options on this TV?

Thanks.
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a website that you need to examine: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Entertainment_System

Nintendo has so many variants that you are probably experiencing hardware compatability differences that is causing your problem.

Since you are in Croatia, it seems that the likelyhood of a hardware/system/software difference in compatability is very high. For instance, there are several systems that you are possibly not aware of in the operation of your TV. They are PAL, NTSC, and Secam. I think (I am not sure) that you are on the PAL system and depending on where and what country your games are from would impact the compatability issue.

Going into the service menu to correct what your are describing is a BAD IDEA!!!

Be aware that you can damage your television set poking around in areas your are not totally familiar with.

I would suggest that you have a hardware compatability problem

Hope this helps

Jesse
ReiKo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Jesse,

Too bad because I am in fact NES modder and I know NES inside out so no need to examine the system itself. I am using NTSC right now with NTSC game and also I did try PAL game on PAL system and results are the same, ergo - i need to see how to turn on/off overscan on my TV.

Can you help me with that? I promise I won't touch anything in "Service Menu 2" before asking or knowing what is it about. I already know that you can screw up a lot of things in that kind of menu so I'm cautious, no worries Smile

Thanks, I hope you can help me.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said, It's a BAD IDEA!!!

I looked up a similar model (TC-20LA5) that is stateside.

This is all that is in the Service Menu per service manual.

It's is possible that your set is a multinational unit and may have additional settings but I cannot help you since giving you access would obligate me to provide information I myself do not have access to since your model does not appear on the Stateside Panasonic Website.

Sorry

In the adjustment mode, take note of the value in each item before starting adjustment.
Main item Sub item Remarks Sample Data
MAIN Y-GAIN Video level (RF, video, component) 5E
B-Y Video level (RF, video, component) C7
R-Y Video level (RF, video, component) 50
SUB COLOR Sub color 23
TINT Sub tint 00
BACK-L Sub Back light 152
BRIGHT Sub Bright 800
B-Y-G B-Y Gain 3B
R-Y-A R-Y demodulation axis F9
TEMP Temperation data 038
GAMMA R-GAIN R-Gain for test pattern (100% white) FF
G-GAIN G-Gain for test pattern (100% white) F0
B-GAIN B-Gain for test pattern (100% white) F2
R-CENT R-Gain for test pattern (50% white) 73
G-CENT G-Gain for test pattern (50% white) 80
B-CENT B-Gain for test pattern (50% white) 5B
OPT OPT00 (TV) 00
RM CODE Remocon code A or B A
MTS MTSIN RF Audio input level 26
SEPAH Stereo separation Hi 1D
SEPAL Stereo separation Low 07
ReiKo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, in service menu 1 I don't have lots of these options but anyways, I don't need them - I need only one and that's the one about "Overscan".

Also,

ReiKo wrote:
I did try to get to "Service 2" but I can't. For first time I did done it by going trough whole "Service 1" menu and then pressing hold button but now it' dosen't work.

Thanks.
ReiKo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, I did found Service Menu 2 and I have options ( OPTION 1 till OPTION 13) but it dosent explain wich one of them is about overscan.

It looks something like this:

OPTION 1 (0F)
7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0
0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1

And etc, it seems I can change binary numbers but can someone tell me where to find the option for overscan?

Thanks.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried running your thoughts by the Manufacturer? They, after all, would know their own sets best. Smile
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Advice,

I just input Panasonic.com and selected global and they list Croatia but I am short on the language.

Just maybe Idea

Jesse
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com