Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Philips 29SX8776X TV picture compressed    

sunnyday

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:55 am    Post subject: Philips 29SX8776X TV picture compressed Reply with quote

I have a PHILIPS CRT TV, model 29SX8776X , the picture is being compressed and left with top&bottom having a "1 inch" black bars . I have changed the vertical IC and all surrounding electolytic capacitors but problem still there . Any idea what has gone wrong ?
When switch to TV test pattern channel, the test pattern circle becomes elipse . I suppose every TV has vertical alignment. may be this can be solved by some alignment ? any advice ?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If problem developed over a period of days/weeks/months, I'd say you probably missed a lytic, or possibly a resistor has changed value.
If problem happened all of a sudden, possible along with a spike/surge on the mains line, I'd go into the Service menu, note original settings, then see if adjustment compensates (be sure to use test pattern).

Edit: I see you've been busy looking for answers for awhile in many places. Smile
Redhishan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the 24v at the vertical IC, these problems are mostly caused by resistors that has changed value. Change the resistor near the horizontal transformer that supplies the vertical IC and check the diode near the vertical IC.
rrobor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this chassis is G8.1 . now this had issues with destroying vertical Ics if the tube became slightly dirty around the ultor cap. If you look at the yoke you should see 4 piecies of metal sticking out of the yoke. At the bottom they look like Charlie Chaplin feet painted black. What you have to do is get sone form of clip on to that, that cuts through the paint into metal. Solder a lead from that to the aquadag strap. DO THIS ON BOTH BOTTOM FEET. Next make sure that the tube is clean between the cap and the yoke. This though will not fix your problem as of now. What your problem may well be is the IC is faulty. The IC is a TDA3654Q and here you have a problem. That IC from Philips is obsolete. I have used generics without problems, but some may be no good. DO NOT use a TDA3654 and bend the pins, that does not work. It will though in reverse as the Q is a higher spec IC.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com