Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Philips 46pp930217f convergence bad after coolant change    

korg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: Philips 46pp930217f convergence bad after coolant change Reply with quote

Ok, this is my problem. I have a Philips 46pp930217f, Chassis # DPTV330F. The picture was getting blurry so I tried the multi-convergence and everything was lined up. I've read your forums before so I checked the projector coolant and yes it was cloudy. I mentioned this to a friend and he said he knew a guy who could fix it for $50. This guy change the coolant and now my set is 3d. The blue is perfect in the center convergence but really tilted at the bottom and way out on the top right. He claims I need new convergence IC's now. ???? My question is, The set converged perfect before, Is there something in the projector he may have misaligned like the delta lens or something. I tried all the yoke adjustments to no avail.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

DGINSD

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have some photos of what the the picture looks like, a picture of the convergence grid would be helpful. The problem you described sounds like convergence IC's, pretty common problem and they can go out with no warning. I have a back-up CRT set that I was using while I worked on my newer one, we watched the set for about three days, turned it on in the morning and the whole thing was out of whack. Don't know if you've done IC's before but they are usually fairly inexpensive, and if your comfortable taking apart and reassembling you TV, and can solder fairly well, it can be a DIY. Otherwise it can be pretty expensive. Also I would recommend not messing with the convergence controls, if you haven't already, especially the service menu ones as this will only make more work for you later. You will have to do a service level convergence afterward, but if you don't touch the controls it will be more of an adjustment than a complete set up. If you don't already have one a service manual will be helpful. Occasionally these IC's simply require re-soldering so be sure to check if this is the case before you order parts. Good luck.
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I would first check to make sure that the correct convergence correction coils on each respective crt yoke is going to the correct location on the circuit boards. (blue going to the red position on the board etc will cause this problem.) If more than one is removed at a time it is easy to get it wrong.

Jesse
korg

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I found the problem, (sorry not to post back sooner) when he plugged the blue crt into the convergence board it bend a pin over and must have shorted it. I've ordered a new set of stk's and am going to put them in. (They should be here today). This just proves you should do things yourself and not let someone else do it because it's cheaper, Costs more in the long run. Crying or Very sad I'll post back the results.
korg

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replaced the stk's and now the TV is great. Lesson learned.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2018 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com