Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Philips 55pp9363h/17 CRT coolant contaminated    

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Philips 55pp9363h/17 CRT coolant contaminated Reply with quote

I think I have come across my first CRT fluid contamination, but wanted to ask for advice before I dive in.

The picture on a Philips 55pp9363h/17 RPTV is pretty washed out. The red and green images show up on the screen, but the blue is not really showing up at all. I can see the blue CRT is lit, and it changes/flickers based on the movement like I would expect with a normal video signal, so I know it is getting some kind of signal. I guess I expected it to have some blurry image if the CRT was contaminated, but the lack of discernible image is puzzling me.

Can you give me any advice on how to confirm that it's just a contaminated coolant? Or should I be looking for some other issue.

Thanks in advance for such fine assistance.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tune to a good signal picture. Turn color all the way down. Remove screen. Carefull, use two people, these screens have a tendency to separate. (big trouble, trouble???) Cool

Do not turn set off after turning down color level or levels will reset when turning set back on. Look directly into the red crt optics to observe correct type of pix. With that image as a reference, look into the blue and green crt's.

If contamination is present it will be VERY obvious.

Note: contamination never occurs in the red crt.

Hope this helps

Jesse
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can see the results of this inquiry here:
http://www.riddledtv.com/repair/journal/CRTCoolant/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com